Hi! My name is Latoija Jones creator and founder of Natural Encouragement, LLC also creator of the wildly popular natural hair product The Curl Smiler! I am dedicated to encouraging, and teaching naturals about natural hair and how to care for and love your hair. I will periodically send emails on what I have over come as a natural for the past 5 years so make sure to sign up with my email list of over 8,000 other naturals. If you want to learn more about me you can visit my YouTube: HappilyNaturalLit26 or do you need natural hair inspiration? Check out my Instagram with over 156,000 other naturals @HappilyNaturalCurls on Instagram.
YES! I CONFESS! I was once! A #ProductJunkie
But you know what! I have overcome! How did I do it?
Before my recovery I was buying a new hair product at least once a week! At one time in my life I spent over $300 in 1 month on hair products! I purchased over $60 in Qhemet Biologics products my first year of being natural! That same week I bought over $50 in Karen’s Body Beautiful Products. Then! I turned around and purchased $50 in Elucence Line Shampoo and Conditioner!
- The PROs of being a Product Junkie:
- The PROs of being a Product Junkie: You can tell other naturals about good/bad products. You become sort of a Natural Hair Guru, and that’s a GOOD THING! You can save others from making a terrible mistake, i.e. protein sensitive naturals, or those with allergies to a specific ingredient.
- The PROs of being a Product Junkie: You can give it away to some deserving soul! Don’t throw it away! Be a Cheerful giver! You’re not using it anyway. Do a giveaway immediately! Don’t wait too long though. No one wants a product that’s been sitting under the bathroom sink for 2 years.
- The CONs of being a Product Junkie:
I mean let’s be honest! I would get paid on Friday and on Monday I’ve already spent $120 on hair products! I will admit though,
- The CONs of being a Product Junkie: It’s hard to let go! So you may hold onto products that YOU KNOW didn’t work. We think that maybe just maybe one day it will magically work if you just give it one more try.
Once I learned to let go of products that would NEVER work for my hair, I was finally able to focus on what products DID work for my hair.
- The CONs of Being a Product Junkie: Your bathroom is a MESS. Products everywhere!
Products that you haven’t used in YEARS still remain under the bathroom sink. In a bin or a large tub, just there serving no purpose. Throw them all away TODAY. Let them go, as hard as it is. LET it go. You will feel so much better. There will be no more clutter. Your husband will thank you. You will thank you.
In conclusion, remember to finish the use of products that worked for you. Don’t complicate life any more than you have to. You know what YOUR hair LOVES. Stick with it. There’s NOTHING wrong with a little indulgence just never forget WHAT WORKS.
Being a Product Junkie can be super fun! But never forget what actually worked.